We are looking for an Accountant to join our growing practice in Halifax
The successful candidate will be responsible for servicing a portfolio of Limited Company clients, with the opportunity for future progression for the right candidate.
Cloud accounting experience would be useful but the desire to work with leading IT systems and modern working practices is much more important.
We are *not* a traditional firm. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years in SME general practice.
ACCA, AAT, ACA, ICAEW, CIMA accreditations will strengthen your application however should you be qualified by experience this too is suitable. Your experience of a practice environment is the most important accreditation.
- Help manage the flow of all accounts production jobs through the practice using our job tracking systems
- Review and amend draft annual accounts from our accounts production team
- Prepare automated management reports for all completed financial statements (benchmarking, cash flow, profit reconciliation, projected financial statements, business valuations, etc.) to a high level of accuracy.
- Assist partner with data required for ad hoc assignments including proposal preparations, specialist tax work, business valuations, etc.
- Assist with review and amend management accounts prepared by our VFO team.
- Reviewing & preparing VAT returns
- Reviewing & preparing Self Assessment and Corporation Tax returns
- ACCA, AAT, ACA, ICAEW, CIMA qualified. Will consider QBE but must have a minimum of 3 years of practice experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of Accounts Preparation for a range of businesses including Sole Traders, Ltd Companies and Partnerships.
- Ability to prepare accounts to a high standard
- Ability to use own initiative, to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and word is essential
- Continuous ambition to review and improve systems and processes.
- An ‘above the line’ attitude towards the work environment, taking personal responsibility for their work.
- Good knowledge of cloud accounting systems, preferably Xero
- Comfortable working with Cloud technology
- Comfortable working with remote team members
What We Offer
- Relaxed modern culture and working environment
- True flexible working environment – work where you like, when you like as long as the work gets done
- Constant development & learning
- Competitive salary, dependant on experience
To apply for this role, please email email@example.com